Translate

Monday 2 September 2013

A little Bird told me there's a challenge

... at LiM with a fabulous prize and the remit is to 'use a RUBBER STAMP In addition if you could use watercolours that would be wonderful!' 

...........Fitting in nicely with a simple birthday card I want to make this week for my Daughter's Mother in Law...and I had decided to use my new stamp for the first time, a little bird composed of newsprint, the idea of using watercolours appealed as it gave me a chance to think of a way to pretty the little bird up so I ended up with a simple but more colourful card than black and white newsprint would initially suggest.

The sentiment I computer generated, added a stamp of the bird, I then coloured in a small piece of card with a few strokes of watercolour paint, dried it then overstamped the bird again and cut the simple shape out (without legs...layering it over the legs of the one on the card, simple...not too sure about the pearls, sequin button etc but I know she will like them, so here it is......


 Not a very good photo, sorry


                                      And a little close up of the watercoloured bird stamp...isn't he lovely!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool bird, Sue! I've had my eye on that newsprint bird stamp for a sometime now...I think I'll buy it this week after seeing it on your card :o)

    ~Shery

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card sue

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. continue bumbling asics gel lyte iii sale way, tell sale, Asics Australia Online the phone is not easy to come back to me to give her a chance to repair. Asics Australia Online put into his asics tiger mexico 66 sale pocket and said sale, I may take away the phone, you would not use ah. cheap Sale finally you do not have stupid kid at home, cheap estimated that this kid's money, this phone is estimated as Asics Australia Online never to return, so with the .

    ReplyDelete